Saturday, February 9, 2013

Back from the Dead

I'm finally posting again. Sorry about the delay, I've just been a fuddy duddy the last few months. My girlfriend and I are going to be having a baby soon, so I'll be gaming even less. I did play a fairly interesting game yesterday with Blake.

We played 1750 points of my Dark Angels vs his Chaos Space Marines. A battle for the ages with all of the nice rules influencing each other's rolls and whatnot. We played Vanguard Strike, Big Guns Never Tire. I was running Belial with 4-5 man Deathwing squads, a mastery level 1 Librarian, a 10 man Tactical squad, and 3 Predator Destructors. He had Lucius the Eternal, a winged Daemon Prince, 20 Noise Marines, 2 Autocannon Havoc squads, a Heldrake, 2 Obliterators, and a unit of Chaos Marines. It was a bottom of turn 1 melee bloodbath. The 4 Deathwing squads deep struck turn 1 behind his deployed units and poured a bunch of twin linked Storm Bolter and Assault Cannon shots into Noise Marines to thin them out a bit. Their sonic salvo weapons are a beast if you don't deal with them. Lots of killyness the whole game.

At the end of the game, I won 14-4 victory points. He had First Blood, Slay the Warlord, and 2 Heavy Support kills. I had Slay the Warlord, Line Breaker, 9 VPs from all 3 Objectives, and 3 Heavy Support kills. It was the best and closest 40K game I've played, as of late, and I can't wait to play him again. Perhaps make some cool new lists with Flakk Missiles to deal with his Heldrake. That can really lay on the hurt to power armor.

Blake gave me Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus, painted up, for my birthday at the game. Nice little addition to my Dark Angels.

On another note, I've recently come into posession of a new Ork army. Ghazghul Thraka, a Big Mek with KFF, 3 Killa Kans, 51 Slugga/Choppa Boyz, a Black Reach Warboss, and whole bunch of Nobz with a Painboy, 5 Big Shootas. I also added 2 new Carnifexes with Scything Talons and Heavy Venom Cannons. That's about the end of my new stuff happening. Thanks for sticking through that mess of an article. Cheers and Happy Wargaming!

1 comment: